Tulley Family Tinkering Lab Website

Sound Detection — Science Fair Project progress

by on Apr.04, 2010, under science fair

3 hours after fixing the circuits due to the Magic Smoke incident , we had the sound detector circuit up and working. I think we’ve learned a lot from the project so far because this part was relatively uneventful. We knew from doing circuit simulations using Qucs and LTSpice that this circuit was not going to be perfect, but we were just hoping it’d work more like the PDF said it would, and less like the simulations.

In the end, it performed ok, after we adjusted the potentiometers for sensitivity and base output voltage.

:,

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Previous Thoughts on Tinkering